Aside from the exciting range of opportunities to make a difference to local communities, Leeds City Council is a great place to work and for many people provides an attractive employment package and working environment.
Pay and terms and conditions
The pay and terms and conditions of employment for over 1.3 million local government services employees is set nationally.
The starting grade for the graduate programme is C1, which is approximately £20,000 per annum. Please see the current advert for the exact salary as this is subject to an annual pay award.
- Career progression, targeted training and tailored graduate development to enhance your development throughout your time on the programme
- Generous holiday entitlement and public holidays
- The Local Government Pension Scheme - considered to be one of the best pension schemes
- Healthcare schemes - health insurance plans for you and your family
- Privileged access to a package of discounts and benefits - including subsidised fitness membership and cycle to work schemes
- Childcare voucher schemes
- HELP employee assistance - a 24 hour telephone advice and assistance service
- Flexible working options and a range of work life balance policies to support you
- The opportunity to become involved with a diverse range of staff networks - providing important networking and development opportunities
- A range of working locations - the potential to 'hot-desk' within a location that suits your working requirements during certain hours.
Wellbeing and employee engagement
Leeds City Council has a key role to play in the health and wellbeing of our employees. Healthy, engaged and well-motivated employees have a positive impact on productivity and effectiveness and we have a range of programmes and initiatives to look after both employees and the people we serve.
Come and join the 1.3 million other people who have chosen local government. Start your working life, or choose to start your career with Leeds City Council.