Aside from the exciting range of opportunities to make a difference to local communities, Leeds City Council is a great place to work and for many people provides an attractive employment package and working environment.
Pay and terms and conditions
The pay and terms and conditions of employment for over 1.3 million local government services employees is set nationally.
The starting grade for the graduate programme is C1, meaning the starting salary is £21,589 - £23,836.
The working hours are 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. There are opportunities to work flexibly subject to line management agreement.
- Career progression, targeted training and tailored graduate development to enhance your development throughout your time on the programme
- Experience working across a range of directorates within the second largest metropolitan authority in the UK
- Fully funded level 7 qualification in leadership and management
- Personalised support network consisting of a mentor, a HR team link and a graduate buddy who will also be on the programme
- Generous holiday entitlement and public holidays
- Healthcare schemes, including health insurance plans for you and your family
- Privileged access to a package of discounts and benefits, including subsidised fitness membership and cycle to work schemes
- Childcare voucher schemes
- HELP employee assistance with a 24 hour telephone advice and assistance service
- Flexible working options and a range of work life balance policies to support you
- Variety of Staff Networks, including Women's Voice, LGBT+, BAME, Early Careers Network, Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN) and Healthy Minds.
- A range of working locations, with the potential to 'hot desk' within a location that suits your working requirements during certain hours
Wellbeing and employee engagement
Leeds City Council has a key role to play in the health and wellbeing of our employees. Healthy, engaged and well-motivated employees have a positive impact on productivity and effectiveness and we have a range of programmes and initiatives to look after both employees and the people we serve.
Come and join the 1.3 million other people who have chosen local government. Start your working life, or choose to start your career with Leeds City Council.