Aside from the exciting range of opportunities to make a difference to local communities, Leeds City Council is a great place to work and for many people provides an attractive employment package and working environment.
Pay and terms and conditions
The pay and terms and conditions of employment for over 1.3 million local government services employees are set nationally.
The minimum rate of pay an apprentice will receive whilst employed by us is £8.25 per hour, on a contract for a minimum of 30 hours per week and for no less than 12 months.
- Support to undertake an apprenticeship in your chosen area
- Generous holiday entitlement (starting from 24 days) and public holidays
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme Access to healthcare schemes and health insurance plans for you and your family
- Privileged access to a package of discounts and benefits - including subsidised fitness membership and cycle to work schemes
- Childcare voucher schemes
- HELP employee assistance - a 24 hour telephone advice and assistance service
- Flexible working options and a range of work life balance policies to support you
- The opportunity to become involved with a diverse range of staff networks - providing important networking and development opportunities
- For office based roles, a range of working locations - the potential to 'hot-desk' within a location that suits your working requirements during certain hours
- NUS Apprenticeship Extra Card with access to travel discounts if between 16-18 years old
Wellbeing and employee engagement
Leeds City Council has a key role to play in the health and wellbeing of our employees. Healthy, engaged and well-motivated employees have a positive impact on productivity and effectiveness and we have a range of programmes and initiatives to look after both employees and the people we serve.
Come and join the 1.3 million other people who have chosen local government. Start your working life, or choose to start your career with Leeds City Council.